Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Trip to the Doctors


So we headed to Chapel hill on Sunday. Tim had just worked a 12 hour shift @ Jackson Paper and Jordan and I got to pack the car and pick him up. I forgot pillows and blankets. We picked him up at 6:15 and headed out on the4- 5 hour drive. His idea of Sunday dinner was a drive through at a McDonalds. I don't eat there, and just had an Apple Pie. Nothing for me after midnight....I have tests tomorrow. We pull up at the Holiday Inn where we always stay and I go in and realize that I made reservations at the Holiday Inn Express. Its 5 miles up the road and my guys (Tim and Jordan) act as though I have just committed a crime. They are tired and hungry. Hello I was in the car too..I am tired too..I apologize profusely for the mistake and they do not cut me a break...until it makes me mad.. Then all is forgiven. The new place has a fridge, flat screen TV and microwave. Plus they gave us goody bags..Thank goodness. I ate them at 12:05 but don't tell my radiology people. And they had free breakfast. So I thought it turned out OK. Wake up call @6:00am, out the door at 7:00, In ultrasound by 8:15. Blood work at 9..and I head to Dr. Jama Darling's for my 10:40 appointment. I realize that I do not have my bag of medicine. I freak out...I cant miss my medicine..One missed dose can send me into rejection. I have everybody in UNC looking for my bag including security. It cant be found..finally I call Tim, They are at the Barnes and Nobles.Just got there...I ask him to bring my extra Neoral (IMMUNE), I lost 5 bottles of medicine. Which includes the one that keeps me from freaking out. I am freaking out!. Tim calls me back..my bag of meds are in the car. Oh! MY! Dr. Darling is late I wait for a 10 minute talk with her until 12:15. I got lost 3 times in the hospital..trying to find everyone and looking for my meds. I head to the transplant clinic. Hoping for new tummy tuck and getting to see my favorite Dr. Dr. Kozlousky. (siiigghhhh..my hero) I look up and its the British guy..yuck. ..our hermit crab has a better bedside manner. He isn't going to do anything.Oh well..the good news: I'm doing great...I don't have to go back until April.(barring disasters) I'm grateful...
I think I'm going back to being a redhead or a brunette...I think this blonde hair is getting to my head. No offense to my wonderful and very smart blonde friends..whom I love very, very much.. But I just gotta ask ...How do you live like this.?!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a long day!!!! Glad you are home and glad you don't have to go back for awhile. THat is a long hard trip! I am going back to being a redhead, I just have a touch of blonde and I keep losing everything!! I am thinking if i dye it back red, I will find everything that is missing!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe I should go to blackest black. Its the only color I havent been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the days when my hair was almost black. Just make sure you don't get that blue aura with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah you don't want that!!!!

    ReplyDelete