Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jordan went back to school today. I hate middle school. It is so anti parent. I could not even find out who Jordan's PE teacher was this morning to ask him or her how they wanted us to handle Jordan's smashed toe. That was very irratating. The fact that I am an over protective parent doesn't help.
At least they have a name for mothers like me we are called: HELICOPTER MOM" We hover over our children. I am not just any kind of helicopter. No weather or even a police helicopter. Nope I am a Apache Assault. I used to feel defensive about being so protective. More than one friend and teacher felt the need to tell me I was. I had to defend myself. I prayed and prayed about it because I thought I might be warping his little head. Asking GOD what to do. We are a very close little family. And waiting for a phone call that will save your life will make you hold your loved ones a little closer. In my case a lot. And one day I heard God telling me it was not a bad thing but that if I did not protect my child..who would. So I try to be there for my son..hovering in case he needs me. I think that is what GOD does...He hovers..he is always there if we need him...I guess he is like a Helicopter Parent.
And Christ said when the disciples would have rebuked the children: Suffer the little children, for they are the kingdom of heaven. I am so happy to be a child of God..Amen.

5 comments:

  1. If you are a helicopter, what am I??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan said you were a Bazooka!!!!! You crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had rather be a helicopter mom than not. Those moms who are never present drive me nuts! We need a nickname for them.

    ReplyDelete