Saturday, September 12, 2009


It's amazing how as you get older some of the things you learned as a child, and believed change. Mostly that's okay. When I learned that Noah's animals came on the ark not just in a pair. Only the unclean animals came on in twos and the clean animals came on in sevens. This didn't shock me. Actually it made a lot more sense. I always wondered how everybody was fed. Now I know. But did you know that Cinderella's stepsisters cut off their toes to try to fit into the glass slipper.?! And that the little mermaid doesn't get the prince but ends up dying. I much prefer the way Walt Disney rewrites literature. His is a much better world.
This is the last page on PBC from my earliest pamphlet. I hope it helped someone out there.
PBC
LIVER TRANSPLANTATION
Liver transplantation is now an accepted form of treatment for chronic, severe liver disease.
Advances in surgical techniques and the use of new drugs to suppress rejection have improved the success rate of transplantation. Because of the disease,s slow progress, it is possible to plan elective transplant surgery. Survival rates at transplant centers are well over 90%, with a good quality of life after recover
SUMMARY
Primary biliary cirrhosis is a slow, progressive disease. Once diagnosed, treatment is directed at managing symptoms and slowing down the liver damage. A great deal of research is underway aimed at discovering the cause, preventing damage to the bile ducts and liver., improving symptoms, and prolonging life. Transplantation is now a standard form of treatment for advanced disease. By working closely with the physician, there is a good reason to expect a favorable long-term outlook.
I was fortunate that I had good drs and a great hospital. I did not get the itching as intensely as other PBCers have. I had to have 2 liver transplants within a month. I am so blessed to be here. Thanks to all the prayers and my wonderful friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment