Monday, September 7, 2009

Causes of PBC


I did not have any liver problems in my family history. I only suffered from allergies once in a great while and I do not have lupus or RA. However, I had surgery on my legs as a child and I have used Tylenol since it came on the market. I don't give my son Tylenol.

Causes

The exact cause if PBC is unknown. Scientist believe there could be more than one contributing factor. While it does not have the traits of an inherited disease, it dows appear more often in some families. People with PBC sometimes have a history of allergies or autoimmune disturbances--that is when the body's immune system recognizes a partof the body as foreign and injuries or goes to war against it. Rheumatoid arthritis and lupus are examples of autoimmune disorders.

No comments:

Post a Comment